Banana & Yogurt Breakfast Muffins
- 150g whole-wheat flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2tsp salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 120ml Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 110g light muscovado sugar
- 60ml oil
- 60ml honey
- Heat the oven to 190°C / Fan 170°C / Gas 5 / 375°F. Line a 12-cup standard sized muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In a medium bowl, mix the bananas, yogurt, egg, sugar, oil and honey until well combined.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry and gently stir until smooth. Divide the batter evenly among the muffins cups.
- Place the tray into the oven and bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes. Then remove the muffins, from the tin and place on a wire cooling rack and cool completely or serve warm.
Tip: Keep at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.