Mexican Stuffed Peppers
- 4 peppers, whole
- 400g 5% fat lean minced beef
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 160g cooked rice
- 2 tbsp Mexican spice blend
- Preheat the oven to 190°C / Fan 170°C / Gas 5 / 375°F. Heat a large pan over a medium-high heat and cook the beef for 5-7 minutes until browned. Add in the tomatoes and rice and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently, covered, for around 6-8 minutes
- Meanwhile, cut off the tops from peppers and remove the seeds from the inside. Place the peppers on a baking dish and fill the peppers with the beef mixture.
- Cover the dish with kitchen foil and bake in the oven for 35 minutes, or until the peppers are tender.
Nutrition per serving: Protein 23g, Fats 10g, Carbs 23g To make a vegetarian version, substitute the mince beef for vegetarian mince